Things are going well for us here despite the lack of having a job. Erik has spent the last couple of days applying for stuff online. It's a slow horrid process because you don't know if you've just spent hours for nothing! I'll be much more settled when he has a job and when we have our own place.
We had a great weekend. Sunday we went to church. The girls were unsure of it at first but really enjoyed their classes. I'm hoping Naomi will get to go to the part time preschool there. I'm not sure how much it is though so that could be a problem!
Monday, my mom turned 49!! I was sad that I wasn't with her but probably wouldnt have been able to see her anyway! If I was living the AR life still, I would've been at work. We went to the Oregon Garden. It's a fun place for the kids to run and play while the adults can enjoy the view. It was me, my mother in law-Becky, my sis in law-Cori, her 2 girls-Alexis and Ainsley, my other neice Katie (her parents were at work), and my 2 girls. The 5 girls got to have lunch together, ride a tram, play in the children's garden, then get some ice cream before heading home. On the ride home I learned a good friend from back home had her baby! How sweet to share mom's birthday!! Congratulations Mariana on your sweet baby Camilla!
Then, we headed to West Linn to go out on the boat with my neice Katie and her parents Todd and Wendy (Wendy is Erik's sister) We had a great time riding on the boat and playing in the water with them. The Willamette River is like a 2 minute drive from their house so boating is a hobby of theirs.
Today we took it easy. Erik and I were looking up jobs. All for him of course! I talked to my cousin David about unemployment. He unfortunately had to use it for awhile after he got laid off...but he just got an awesome new job!! Yay Davie!! I'm not sure that I'll qualify since I quit my job but I'm gonna at least give it a shot. Mom thought there were some rules regarding relocation being a job loss factor. I finally got to go to Walmart today! I was desperately in need of hangers, a loofah, and shaving cream! A girl's got her needs, right?? The closest one is 30 minutes a way so I'm gonna have to cut down on the Walmart runs... YIKES! How does one do that??
Tomorrow I'm going to take the girls over to Cori's house to play with Ainsley. I'm also planning to take them to the library soon.
We may be crazy for uprooting our lives and going jobless in this economy, but the extra time I've had with my girls makes it seem all worthwhile. They are growing up so quick and I want to be with them much more than I have been the past few years. They are often crazy but I love them to pieces.
Gotta get the little ones in bed so Good Bye for now! Geez...I think I wrote a book tonight! ;)
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment