Well, last weekend we went to downtown Portland (insane) and visted Powell's City of Books. It's the biggest independent bookstore in the world...or something like that. www.powells.com Just driving around downtown was quite the adventure. There's almost no available parking and you have to fight for what you do get. The best part is that it's really expensive...oh wait nope that's another reason it sucks :P The actual bookstore was really cool but having my 2 little girls with me...well...made it a little more difficult to enjoy looking around.
My in-laws were in Montana from last Saturday until Wednesday. The girls were sleeping in until 8ish while they were gone. I have not slept in that late in years!!
One of my biggest frustrations here is learning where everything is. I am HORRIBLE at directions. Even in Arkansas I'd have to use my mapquest directions to get to places that I had been multiple times...ie Amber's house in Nixa or Mandy's house fairly close to where I used to live! Not everywhere required mapquest...I could totally get to work and Walmart just fine!! Now that we live in Oregon.... I'm just a retard in the wilderness. I get so stinkin' mad at myself it makes me wanna scream sometimes!! I'll be like I GIVE UP!!! I CAN NOT DRIVE HERE!! And Hannah will tell me what a good driver I am. haha Yes, I still know HOW to drive (mostly :P) but I really need to work on getting from Point A to Point B. One thing I've thought about trying is always turning in the direction opposite to what my intuition tells me to turn. I think my driving intuition is broken :( I'll let you know how that works out for me.
Friday, August 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know, if you lived in the same place for 6-7 years at a time, you wouldn't have to worry about that!! :) You might invest in the Navigator on your Blackberry for a few months...til your not retarded anymore. Love ya :)
ReplyDelete