Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tired...

First off...It is very distracting writing anything right now with Hannah's loud snoring!! haha They are sleeping in the study and she sounds a little congested or something tonight!

We had a fairly eventful weekend. Friday afternoon we went to the zoo in Portland. It was a cooler day with highs in the low 70's so it was perfect for walking around at the zoo. We got to experience the horrible Portland traffic on the way home. Note to self...do not be out and about on Friday afternoon during rush hour.

Saturday was my neice's birthday party. We went to their house for a BBQ at 1:00. The kids left with another Uncle and Aunt for a sleep over so Erik and I ended up going out to a movie and getting take out Chinese with Matt and Cori. We saw The Proposal which was really cute!! I recommend it! ;) Then, we grabbed food and stayed at their house for awhile talking. We didn't get into bed until after 1 a.m. so I'm tired tonight.

Today we picked the girls up before church and went to the service. Then, Erik, his dad and brother went to help out a recently widowed family member who has about 20 acres to take care of and no idea how to keep it up. Hopefully, she'll be able to sell the place soon so it won't be such a burden to her. My mother in law, sister in law, 4 kids, and I hung out all day. Cori and I decided it could be "movie marathon" day and let the kids watch a bunch of videos.

Not sure what all is going on this week. Wednesday Erik is meeting with a recruiter who is trying to make him more marketable. Thursday we're leaving for Lincoln City. We'll be spending a long weekend on the beach. Don't be too jealous. The temps are supposed to be in the lower 60's so we'll just be enjoying the view and playing in the sand.

Hope you all have a good week. If you read this, you should "follow" it so I know who all I'm talking to. I'm trying to make it "private" but I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having fun and his family is welcoming you guys with open arms! :) That's great, Karla! I miss you, but I'm REALLY happy for you. I'm still praying Erik gets a job soon. I know that must be hard not being the queen of the castle. haha

    ReplyDelete