Friday, July 31, 2009

Arrival in Oregon

Well, I thought I might start a blog to keep you all informed on this insane journey. We left Arkansas on July 29 at noon. We arrived at Erik's parents house on July 31 around 3:00 p.m. It was a tiresome 30 hour drive, but we made it! The girls were cranky a lot of the time but did really well considering. My blackberry kept me entertained most of the way!!

We had a good afternoon. Becky and I went to Fred Meyer...sort of like a slightly more expensive Walmart/Target. We got a few groceries and toiletries. We had hamburgers for dinner. The girls spent the entire afternoon running around playing. They were incredibly happy to no longer be cooped up in the car. They were soo tired that by 8:00 Hannah was asking when they could go to bed! We got them ready for bed, and they crashed without making a peep. VERY unusual!!

I have no idea what's in store for tomorrow. I suppose we may take the girls to Build A Bear. This will be a late birthday present for us as well as a prize for sitting in the car for 30+ hours! Anyway, I suppose this isn't very interesting so I'll shut up for now! Good night!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! You left Arkansas already! Oh I missed saying goodbye to you. I was jus crazy busy last couple of weeks that I did not even have time to go to facebook & leave a post. So do you miss Arkansas already & ARVEST! Happy Blogging.
    In case you are wondering who this is, Its Logi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla! I'm so glad you guys made it safe. Post some pictures soon! I'll add yours to the list of blogs I follow!

    Miss you!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logi!! Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you! I'll be back in Arkansas to visit as often as I can!
    Mandy, I miss you too!! Don't know when I can post pics b/c I'm using the in-laws computer as opposed to ours.
    Amber, thanks!! You're the greatest!!

    ReplyDelete