I've been feeling lately like it would be quite cathartic to actually get on here and blog. Finding the time to actually do so has been a whole other story! 2010 has felt like a wonderful new beginning. Last year was pretty insane so I'm ready for a happy, positive new year!! Besides the normal resolution crap (losing weight yadda yadda), my resolution is to spend more time with family and friends! I'm actually feeling really good about this goal right now too! We spent New Years with one of our favorite couples, Matt and Amber! We had a great time just chilling, playing games, and eating. I have plans to spend the day with some high school girls later this month! Last weekend I had a couple of friends over for lunch and hang out time. I feel so much happier when I'm around all of these awesome people!! My sister is soooo wrapped up in her husband's family that I am all the more appreciative of spending time with AWESOME friends!
Erik started a new job this year. He is not an official employee yet but is supposed to be offered a formal contract on Friday. He has enjoyed the last couple of weeks there so keep us in your prayers that this will all work out!!
Hannah started a new school on Tuesday! When we moved back to Lowell in October, both of the elementary schools in Lowell were filled up in the 1st grade so she got transferred to a school in Rogers. We had to make new after school arrangements due to Erik's new work schedule, and I was super stressed over all the shuttling that would have to occur to get her to the daycare. Therefore, when Lowell said they had 1 opening in the 1st grade, we reluctantly jumped on the opportunity to get her closer to home. We were only reluctant because this is Hannah's 3rd school this year! She has only been there for 2 days but so far she loves it! Her teacher is Mrs. Griggs. There is another Hannah in her class who was chosen to show her around. Hannah was glowing when I picked her up after her first day because all of her classmates wanted to be the one to show her around and sit by her, etc.. She asked me last night if she'd still be new today! Somebody liked the extra attention! Today she told me that she had FINALLY found a new cute boy. (It took 2 days!! ;) He has blonde hair and she can't remember his name but she said she could get used to him. LOL I could spend days just telling stories of funny things they say!! Another plus was that there she got a tube of pennies (for counting) in her own personal math box. She was sooo excited about this! I am so far relieved that the change is going so well!! Naomi, on the other hand, is not a big fan of pre-k. She told me a couple of nights ago that she liked her teachers, but she didn't love them necessarily! That CRACKS me up! LOVE my kiddos! :)
Hope you all are doing well...
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment